Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dream Come True by rupertgrintlover13

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: This story is a bit less spread out but it isn't as interesting as a chapter could be. It is mostly the transition of Harry from the Burrow to Godric's Hollow and his feelings about it.
Ginny took Harry’s hands in her own. They had only been back together for a week but it already felt as though they’d never been apart. She had Harry blindfolded as she led him down the long drive. Harry could feel his excitement building. Ginny had told him that she had a surprise for him. He didn’t know what it could be. She had taken him blindfolded on the Knight Bus to a quiet street somewhere; that had been an adventure in itself. Now, she had him by the hands and was leading him to an unknown destination.

“Ginny, where are we going?” He asked, knowing she wouldn't tell him anyway. He tripped slightly on a crack in the road, but kept going.

Ginny laughed at his klutzy moment, “You’ll see.” She kept moving forward on the same road. Soon she turned onto a different drive.

All of a sudden Ginny stopped. She squared Harry’s shoulders and turned him slightly until she had him facing the way she wanted. She stood behind him and began to untie his blindfold.

“Ok…Now!” She ripped the blindfold away and Harry’s jaw dropped. They were standing outside Godric’s Hollow, but it wasn’t the same place that it had been. All of the windows had been replaced and curtains had been added. The door had been painted a cheery red to match the newly added flowers that filled boxes in the windows. He walked up the front path of cobblestones and looked at even more flowers that lined it. He was surprised to see that they were all different colored lilies.

“Mum…” He stooped down and fingered the petals of a pink flower. Tears welled in his eyes.

He felt Ginny’s hand on his shoulder. “There’s more to see.”

Harry stood up and walked with Ginny through the front door. Everything was clean and shiny. The grand staircase that ran up the left side of the entrance way sparkled and glittered due to it's newly polished surface. He walked into the room to the right of him and found a fire in the large fireplace. Pictures were waving at him from above the mantle. He saw pictures of himself, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Sirius, The Weasleys, and right in the middle was a large picture of his parents. Harry choked back tears once more. This was amazing. He couldn’t believe that the Weasley’s and Hermione loved him enough to do all of this for him.

Harry walked all the way around to every room in the house. There were no more magical creatures in the furniture or dirt in the corners. Everything was clean and creature free. When Harry came back downstairs the entire Weasley family was sitting in his father’s old library. This was the only room Harry hadn’t seen yet. His father’s entire collection of books had been restored to their old glory and elegance. Every shelf in the room was full with volumes of every shape and size. Ron came over and clapped him on the back.

“Are you ready to move all your stuff in? Then you’d really be able to call this home…”

Harry nodded and grinned as he looked around the room again, “Home…”

Over the next three days Harry and the Weasleys managed to get all of his things into Godric’s Hollow and put in their proper places. It wouldn’t have taken them quite as long if some of his things hadn’t broken or come up missing. They spent an entire day in Diagon Alley shopping for replacements for all these lost and broken items. Soon Godric’s Hollow was fit for Harry to move in.

The day he left the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley broke down into tears, “Harry, you’re actually leaving! I’m going to miss you, dear! You come visit every day, better yet, you can come to dinner every day! Oh, Harry””

“Mrs. Weasley, please. I’m not going that far and if you need me, you know where to find me.” Harry patted her comfortingly on the back.

“You’re right…sorry, dear. I overreacted a bit…” Mrs. Weasley hugged him again and stepped aside for someone else to say goodbye.

Ron put his hand on Harry’s shoulder, “Thanks, Mate!”

“What for?”

“I get my room back to myself!”

Hermione made a noise somewhere between a sob and a gag. “Is that all you can say, Ron? Your best friend is leaving to go out on his own and all you care about is your stupid room?”

“Hermione, it’s not like he’s dying! He’s right here! And””

“Funny thing, I actually am right here, and I can hear everything the two of you are saying!” Harry cut in.

“Right,” said Ron glaring at Hermione.

“Well, goodbye! Don’t forget to write!” Harry shoved them all out the door except for Ginny, leaning against it and letting out a sigh. “Merlin, that felt good!”

“What did?” asked Ginny, putting her arms around his neck.

“Slamming the door to my own house!” Harry smiled and gave her a small peck.

“How long do you think it will take them to realize that I’m not with them?” asked Ginny, casually running her fingers through the back of his hair.

Harry thought and then said, “I’ll give it three…two…one…” There was a knock on the door. “Told you,” he said smiling.

She laughed and kissed him quickly before opening the door and walking out. “I’m coming! I’m coming!” she called. Harry saw her flip her hair over her shoulder and wave to him before Bill closed the door once more.

“Alone at last,” Harry sighed. Even though he'd rather Ginny had stayed, it felt good to be alone in his new home for the first time. He walked around the house. It was oddly quiet and lonesome. Every step he took he expected to hear a loud noise or explosion as was common in the Weasley house, especially with Fred and George home. He sat on the edge of his bed and leaned backward, putting his weight on his hands. Home was wherever Ginny was, not here. He grabbed a quill and a piece of parchment and began to write a letter:

Ginny,
I can’t get you off my mind. Come visit me as soon as you can get out of the house. I don’t care what time it is. I’ll be waiting for you.
Love always,
Harry

He gave the letter to Hedwig who took flight immediately. He watched her fly off into the distance. It should only take an hour or two and Ginny would have his letter safely in her hands. Harry sighed. He could imagine her opening the letter and the smile on her face when she read his message. Suddenly he heard a car drive by. It only lasted a second but it was enough for Harry to notice the quiet once more. He did not remember ever being somewhere this quiet and still while the sun was still shining.

When he walked into the kitchen, he saw a note pinned to the fireplace. It read:

Harry,
We are all going to miss you. You may have been a git at times, but we love you just the same. Ron says that you are a prat and thanks you very sincerely for giving him back his room. Ginny sends her love in any form you wish to receive it. In addition, I, Hermione give you only the best of luck in your new house. We love you, Harry!
Hermione, Ron, and Ginny

Harry smiled and folded the letter. He slid it into his pocket for later. At least Ron was being optimistic about this whole thing. Hermione only wished him luck. She did not say whether she was happy or sad about him leaving. She did say that they would all miss him, but they were supposed to say that. At least he knew that Ginny really loved and missed him terribly.

Harry sat in his father’s old library and pulled a big book of the shelves. It did not have a title but he opened it anyway. It was a book that his father must have read a countless number of times because all of the pages were old and worn. It had the name James Potter scribbled in the inside cover. Harry scanned the first page and found it to be a book about a witch and a wizard who were deeply in love. Harry stuck his tongue out. He couldn’t imagine his father being interested in something that reminded him of a Muggle romance novel.

He put the book back on the shelf. He found a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages and settled down into an armchair to look it over. He hadn’t read that book since he was in his sixth year. Soon, lost track of the time and before he knew it Hegwig was rapping on the window with his answer.

He scrambled to the window and let her climb into the room. She held out her leg diligently and let him untie the scroll of paper. Ginny wrote that she would be there first thing in the morning and her mother said that she could stay all day. She even mentioned that Ron and Hermione might come a bit later. Harry set down the letter on the table in the library. His friends were coming. He wouldn’t be alone anymore. Ginny was coming home…

Harry went into the front room with all of the pictures. There was one of him and Ginny in her last year of school. She was kissing him on the cheek under the mistletoe. It had been her Christmas break and she had surprised Harry with a sprig of ‘nargle free mistletoe’ as she had called it. The memory made Harry laugh. He spent the remainder of the evening sitting in front of the fire watching his face turn red again and again.

He finally dozed off fully clothed on his big king-sized, four-poster bed, ready for a full day with Ginny.