Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dream Come True by rupertgrintlover13

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry it took so long for an update. Keep reading and reviewing please. Thanks!

Harry woke up to the smell of coffee and bacon. He sniffed the air and followed the scent all the way to the kitchen. He walked in and saw Ginny standing by the stove with her wand out making strips of bacon fizz and pop. She didn’t see him come in so he stood there for a moment just watching her. She pushed a lock of hair out of her face and gathered all of the bacon on a plate. He walked forward as she turned around and found herself nose to nose with him.

“Oh, Harry! You scared me!” Ginny gasped, almost dropping the plate of bacon. Harry laughed and kissed her softly. “Surprise?” she said holding out the plate.

“No more surprises, okay? You have done more than enough just by coming here.”

Ginny smiled and bowed her head. Harry caught sight of her red face and hid a chuckle.

She tucked her hair behind her ears and smirked again. “So,” she said. “What now?”

“I don’t care,” said Harry, “as long as I’m with you.”

“Quit being sappy!” she retorted. “No matter how cute it makes you look.”

“Really?” asked Harry as he straightened his glasses.

“Of course,” said Ginny, “but I’m your girlfriend, so I have to say that.”

“Thanks,” said Harry sarcastically. “Are Ron and Hermione coming today?”

“Maybe later…but they were kind of…umm…preoccupied.”

“Preoccupied?” asked Harry. He raised his eyebrows and looked at her, extremely curious.

“Let’s just say that Ron took your advice and Hermione took mine.”

“Finally,” sighed Harry with relief. “So, we’re probably going to have a whole day just to ourselves.”

Ginny walked out of the kitchen and into the front room. Harry followed her puzzled. She threw herself onto the couch and patted the seat next to her, “I guess so…”

Harry fell down beside her and hugged her to his chest. She was warm and he could hear her every breath. This was perfect. This was what he wanted every day to be like for the rest of his life…the rest of their lives. He inhaled the scent of her hair and stroked it gently. This was heaven. This might even be better than heaven. He had Ginny”the love of his life”in his arms and he didn’t have to worry about any sudden attacks or any prophecies or foretelling; this was just him and Ginny.

Ginny stirred and raised her head to look into his deep green eyes. She had never been more in love, or more comfortable around anyone. She started to say something but Harry put a finger to her lips and said, “Shh, don’t talk…” Ginny closed her eyes and bit her lip. She nodded reluctantly.

“Fine, one thing,” said Harry as he noticed how upset she looked. He had wanted to remain in his thoughts, but he couldn’t stand to upset Ginny even with something this small.

“I was just going to say how much I love you.” Ginny laid her head on his shoulder and snuggled in close. It wasn't anything she hadn't said before, but it was something she hadn't said in a very long time.

Harry smiled and locked his arms tight around her like he would never let go. “I love you too, Ginny.” She looked up and kissed him lightly with her eyes closed. She opened them and saw the love for her fill his eyes. This moment it was just the two of them in the world. It would have lasted forever, but….

A loud knock sounded at the door to Godric’s Hollow. Harry awoke with a start. Ginny had her head on his chest and her eyes, too, opened immediately at the noise.

“HARRY! OPEN UP!” came a loud yell from the other side of the door. “DON’T MAKE ME MAGIC MY WAY IN THERE!”

“I’m coming, Hermione!” yelled Harry as he stood up and stretched his arms. He rushed to the door and called out, “What are you doing here?”

“What do you mean, ‘what am I doing here?’ Ginny said that you invited me!” Hermione yelled as she continued to bang on the door with every once of strength she possessed.

“Oh, yeah,” said Harry and he immediately regretted not telling Ginny to come alone in that letter. “Forgot,” Harry mumbled sympathetically as he unbolted the door.

“Finally,” cried Hermione as she stepped into the entrance way. “I thought I’d be out there for ages!”

“Sorry,” said Harry. “Dozed off…”

Ginny came in from the sitting room and waved at Hermione. “Where’s my brother? And why are you out of breath? What happened?”

“Ginny, can we talk? I have so much to tell you! Loads has happened and I don’t know what to do with myself!” Hermione walked through the door that Ginny just came out of and threw herself down on the couch.

“Of course we can talk. What has happened since I left this morn-oh, Harry!” Ginny jumped, suddenly remembering that Harry was still there. “Can you let us talk for a moment?”

“Go ahead,” said Harry as he leaned against the wall.

“Alone,” said Hermione quietly, giving him an apologetic look.

“Oh, sorry! I’ll just go to the kitchen, or my bedroom, or the library, or”or something,” said Harry as he slowly backed out of the room. There was no way he even remotely wanted to listen to their girl talk anyway. Whatever they had to discuss, he'd be much better off entertaining himself for a few minutes.

“Thank you,” mouthed Ginny from the couch. Harry nodded curtly and made his way towards the kitchen.

After what seemed like hours, Ginny found Harry in the kitchen and sat down next to him. “A lot is changing around here.” She laughed and shook her head. “You won’t believe what’s happened. I mean, we’ve wanted it for so long…”

“What’s happened?” asked Harry, now filled with mild curiosity. “What did Hermione tell you?”

“Harry, you might want to stay seated. This is going to impact your life “ everything is going to change. It’s a good thing, though,” she assured him, seeing the look on his face.

“I’m glad you explained yourself so well,” Harry said, rolling his eyes. He was expecting something along the lines of Hermione was now going to be living at The Burrow so that Mrs. Weasley had someone else to spoil, or Fred and George had sold their store and everyone was distraught. What he heard, was a completely different story.

“Ron and I are getting married,” said Hermione from the doorway. “He’s only just asked me.” She sat down at the table and put her head in her hands. “It’s a funny story actually.”

“I’d like to hear it,” said Harry patiently, though his insides were flipping every which way and his mind felt like it was imploding on itself. Married? Ron and Hermione? Hadn't it been just a couple weeks ago that Ron hadn't even realized she'd fancied him?

“Well, it started almost right after Ginny left this morning. Ron and I were cleaning up after breakfast and one thing led to another and soon…we let’s just say we “discovered” what the other had to offer. Mrs. Weasley found us”er, snogging on the kitchen floor and demanded for us to leave her house. She said that no snogging would happen in her house unless the couple was rightfully married or engaged to be so. Well, Ron couldn’t have that. He looked at his mother and then me, and he asked me to marry him.”

“And you agreed?” asked Harry. “Just like that?” Harry couldn’t contain his disbelief. This was very much out of both of his friend’s characters.

“Just like that,” said Hermione quietly. She, too was amazed with her own forwardness to accept.

“Why isn’t he here with you?” asked Harry. “Shouldn’t he have come too? Surely you didn’t already have a fight?”

Hermione laughed and shook her head, obviously still flustered, but happy nonetheless. “No, his mother was torn between outrage that Ron would ask something like that without a fair bit of thought, and joy that I would be joining the family. She told Ron to de-gnome the garden and then they would have a talk about responsible decisions before he could come here too.”

“I see,” said Harry. “So he should be here any moment then?”

“I suppose so,” said Hermione with a large smile on her face. “I’ve always fancied an Autumn wedding…” She sighed dreamily and stared off into space. It was as though she and Ron had been dating for years, but in reality, they hadn't dated at all.

“Autumn?” gasped Ginny. “But Hermione! You do realize that autumn is only a couple months away, don’t you?” Ginny couldn’t believe how quickly Hermione and Ron were rushing into things. They had only gotten engaged that morning.

“Yes, I know,” sighed Hermione, “and I’m going to have difficulty waiting that long.” Harry knew that Hermione had had feelings for Ron for a long time, but this was almost too much for him to take.

He banged his head down on the table. To think, only moments before his life had been almost normal. He sat up straight when a bang on the door signified Ron’s arrival.

Hermione jumped to her feet and cried, “How’s my hair?”

“Bushy,” said Ginny quickly without even thinking. Hermione gave her a worried look, so Ginny replied, “Oh, did you want me to lie? It looks straight, then.” Hermione put her hands on her hips and pursed her lips doing a very good imitation of Mrs. Weasley. Ginny tried again, “I mean…it looks….nice? But since when have you ever cared about your hair”?”

Hermione ignored Ginny’s comments and turned to Harry, “Are you going to get that, or shall I?” Her impatience was growing with the volume of Ron’s knocking.

“Oh, are you ready for me to answer the door now? I thought we were fretting over our hair,” Harry teased. He patted his own messy locks down to his head. “How’s mine?”

“Harry!” shouted Hermione angrily.

“Well, you did sound a bit like Parvati or Lavender…” said Ginny solemnly. “You’ve never cared about your hair before, and it’s just Ron.”

“I suppose I have to do everything myself,” said Hermione as she backed towards the kitchen door.

“I’ll get it,” sighed Harry. “It was a legitimate remark, though.”

“Door,” said Hermione, tapping her foot impatiently. She had never been so anxious to see Ron.

“Women,” said Harry as he walked past her.

Ginny followed Harry into the hall moments later. He was about to let Ron in when she stopped him. “Wait a second, Ron!” she shouted suddenly. “I lost an earring back!”

“Oh, for the love of Merlin!” shouted Ron. He ceased pounding and crossed his arms. “Hurry up, will you?”

“Wait a minute,” said Harry quietly. “You’re not even wearing earrings.” His curiosity was building. Ginny obviously had something in mind.

“Shh,” said Ginny as she put one finger to her lips. “I thought this would be a day just the two of us,” she whispered. “I’m sorry that I asked them to come over as well.”

“You’re here so nothing else matters,” said Harry, hoping that she wouldn’t hear the frustration in his voice.

“I wanted this day to be perfect,” said Ginny quietly. She didn’t know how to say exactly what she wanted. Harry had a way of making her hands clammy and her heart pound.

“It was,” said Harry. “I'm still getting to spend an entire day with you.” He kissed her softly and wrapped her in a giant hug. “Never think that I’m upset when you are with me. You could make anything bad disappear in an instant. I love you, Ginny.”

Ginny looked up and swallowed quickly. She blinked and decided to go for it. “Harry?”

“What?”

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, and with recent events being what they are…Will you marry me?”