Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

There is Another by scars_are_cool

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Well, this is my first chaptered fic. I have to extend a Huge thanks to my new beta Colores. And a thanks to Aurorgirl101 for supporting me, even though she elected not to beta this she has high hopes for it. Ratings and warnings may change through the fic. Please Read and Review!
There is Another






Prologue: It has Happened






The door to the minister’s office flew open and hit the wall with a bang. The little blonde secretary behind the desk squeaked in surprise. In strode a figure hidden in a long black cloak. Ignoring the secretary, the figure walked up to the door that led to the minister’s private office and opened it as if nothing were odd. “You sent for me?” The figure’s voice was low and dangerous, a voice that some compared to silk sliding over a knife, before being stabbed in the back.




“Yes,” the Minister of Magic Scrimgeour said, “I have one more job for you before you are released from Ministry service.”







“I will be released?” the figure asked, “Free to see my rest?” The voice was full of hope and the eyes sparkled in the depth of the hood. “What is this last job?”







“You must take care of and protect Harry Potter until the Final Battle.”







The figure stilled. The eyes that once held hope now were like two chips of ice. “I shall not fail you, Minister.”







With that, the figure swept out of the room and strode out of the Ministry; all who met her found different routes for the danger that surrounded her was suffocating. As soon as she was clear of the Ministry she turned and Disapparated.







*~*~*~*~*






Miles away in a moldy run-down castle, sitting on an ancient throne, was the cause of Europe’s panic, Lord Voldemort. Surrounding him was a circle of Death Eaters. On the wall to the right, the barely alive body of Draco Malfoy was hanging. On the right hand side of Voldemort sat Severus Snape. Without warning, a figure appeared in the middle of the circle: this time, no Death Eater jumped. They had long ago learned the lesson of what would happen should they dare. This figure was Voldemort’s best weapon: a cold, ruthless killer, an assassin. The hooded figure strode up to the throne and knelt down. The figure reached up and lowered the hood, exposing long red hair with black streaks in it, mush like a tiger’s pelt would look.







The figure drew a breath and spoke in a clear voice that all could hear. “My Lord, I have the assignment that we have been waiting for. I am Harry Potter’s personal guard”







A collective breath was drawn around the room. Voldemort merely smiled a slow evil smile. “ Congratulations, Daughter, Rise, embrace me, and then be on your way.”







She rose embraced her father quickly. When he released her, she sought his eyes with hers. Clear amber eyes met red ones. “Your wish is my command, My Lord.” She turned and swept out of the room. She went as quickly from that place of death as she could. When the castle was out of her sight she withdrew a sheet of parchment and a quill from inside her cloak. Quickly she scrawled a message and replaced the quill. She raised her head and let out an owl-like call. About five minutes later, a brown owl soared toward her and landed on her outstretched arm. She tied the note to the owl’s leg and whispered to it, ”Fly fast and true, my dear.” The owl took off and she stood there in the field for a few minutes. When the owl was out of sight, she turned and Disapparated.







*~*~*~*~*






Hours later, Kingsley Shacklebolt was walking leisurely towards his cubicle. When he got there, he found a brown owl with a note tied to its leg. Carefully, he untied the scrap of paper from the owl and unfolded it. When he read it, he dropped the note and dashed out of the office. A ray of sunlight caught the note illuminating the words.







KS






It has happened.






K







A/N: I know its kinda slow and dry, but I promise, it gets better. Pleas Review and tell me what you think!



scars_are_cool