Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

There is Another by scars_are_cool

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Im so sorry that it has taken me so long to get this up. I'v had some things to deal with, but they should be settled now. Please Read and review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 1: First Impressions



Kingsley Shacklebolt stood outside the rundown bar. He shivered in the night air. It might be July, but there was a definite nip in the air. He was waiting for someone. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a wizard in a bulky overcoat walking towards him. After a few minutes the wizard reached him and raised his head so that his identity could be revealed.



“Are you ready?” came the voice of Arthur Weasley from inside the folds of the coat.



“As soon as McGonagall gets here,” the Auror said in his deep, slow voice. “She should be here already.”



The red haired man chuckled. “She’s already here.” He opened up the top button of his coat and the head of a rather grumpy tabby cat appeared. The cat gave the men a look that clearly said, “If you want to remain men, don’t laugh.”



“All right, it’ll do,” Kingsley said with a shrug. “She’s waiting inside for us.” With that the two men and the cat entered the bar and headed towards the door at the back. When they reached it, the Auror reached out and knocked three times. The door slowly creaked open.



The men entered the room and shut the door. The sound of many magical locks and silencing charms sounded. Arthur reached inside his coat and pulled out the cat, gently setting it on the ground. With a soft ‘pop’ the cat turned into a rather severe-looking woman.



‘You had to borrow Hagrid’s coat, didn’t you?” Minerva McGonagall said with a sigh. Just then a voice cleared behind them. They turned and met a pair of amber eyes staring at them.



“I called you three here for a reason,” the voice said dangerously. ‘I will be taking the Potter boy into my care until the final battle. I will train him so he will have some chance. This is merely a formality so that you won’t send the troops after me.”



“Lady Kyranna, you can’t do this on a whim; it takes planning-“ McGonagall began before she was cut off.



“You will find that I can, Professor. I have a small window in which to do this. Oh, I also know you have no teacher for the DADA position; I will take it.” With that said Kyranna stood and made her way to the door. When she reached it she paused, turned to Arthur and said, “We will be at your son’s wedding.” She turned and swept out of the room and out of the bar, leaving the three dumfounded mages behind her.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Kyranna had made it a short way down the street she looked around, opening her senses, to see if anyone was near her. No. The area was clear. Quickly she waved her hands in the air and a shimmering patch appeared. She looked around again and stepped into the misty patch. As soon as she stepped into it, she was gone, with no trace of her magic lingering in the area.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Miles away, in an abandoned garage in Surrey, several pigeons were startled out of a sound sleep when a misty, shimmering patch appeared in the air. Out of it stepped a woman.



Kyranna looked around. Satisfied that no one had seen her arrival, she turned to the dark shape in the corner. She raised her wand and a small light flickered on. In the dim light a car could just be made out. Kyranna walked towards it and smiled slightly when she saw it. “Good old Joe,” she murmured. Joe was an old simpleton who did odd jobs for a faceless benefactor. She in turn made sure he and his family had everything they needed. Slowly she walked around the sleek black car; it was just right for her plan. She opened the door and got in. With a flick of her wand the lights went out and the wards went up. It was time to catch a few winks before tomorrow.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Dawn was slowly creeping over the horizon. Harry Potter woke up from a cold sweat. This dream was unlike any he had had before.



Smoke filled the air. Bodies were scattered everywhere. Stray spells were flying like a meteor shower. Harry turned and saw him: Voldemort. He had his wand pointed straight at Harry’s heart. He was going to die. He raised his wand to try and defend himself. Then just as the curse left Voldemort’s wand, a pair of tigers leapt over Harry. The larger of the two kept on, taking the killing curse meant for Harry. It hit the ground with a thud. The smaller butted its head against Harry’s leg and he felt a surge of power, a roaring beast fighting to get free. He raised his wand and sent the curse that would end his foe’s life. He watched it travel, as if in slow motion, arcing in a graceful line. Then”BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!



Harry inwardly cursed his clock. For the life of him he wanted to know how the dream ended. He felt it contained an important clue, a missing link. He looked over at the clock and with a jolt he realized that tonight he would be seventeen and tomorrow he would be able to leave this house that some of his worst memories were at. But not the worst. The worst was the one he was reliving every moment. He would see the broken body of his mentor, Albus Dumbledore, flying through the air off the Astronomy tower. The face of the traitor, Snape, as he held the wand that had done the frightful deed. Wordlessly, Harry rose to get dressed and pack, so that at midnight, he could leave and never look back.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The same dawn was rising over the garage where Kyranna had spent the night. She opened her eyes and looked around. The wards had held. She picked up her wand and lowered them. She reached up and took the keys from above the visor. With a wave of her wand she changed her clothes into a pair of black slacks and a white button-up shirt. Another wave pulled her long red hair free of her braid and put in into an elegant knot. One more wave had an official looking badge around her neck. Finally she flicked her wand and opened the door to the garage. She stuck the key into the ignition and took off with a roar. The Tigress was heading to Privet Drive.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Harry was laying flat on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He heard a car roar up and stop. Probably one of the neighbuors, he thought. He got a shock when the doorbell rang and a few minutes later his Uncle Vernon yelled “BOY! GET DOWN HERE!”



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Kyranna pulled up into the driveway of Number Four, Privet Drive. She got out of the car and walked to the front door, her wand tucked in the waistband of her pants, ready for any trouble. She reached the door and rang the bell. A few seconds later an enormous man came and opened it. He glared at her as if she weren’t fit to grace his front step. She smiled a dangerous smile and said in a no-nonsense voice, ”Vernon Dursley I presume? I’m looking for a Harry Potter. Is he here?” She held up her badge and waited.



“What did that boy do now?” he growled.



“I’m not at liberty to disclose that information. Is he home?”



“Yes, come in, Officer. BOY! GET DOWN HERE!”



*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry came down the stairs filled with dread. He had no idea what he had done now. His relatives had made a point of keeping a plague’s distance away for him at every moment. He stopped short when he went into the sitting room and saw his uncle sitting with a red-haired woman. She had a badge. This was going to be bad. He went in and hovered awkwardly.



The woman looked up and said, “Please have a seat, Mr. Potter. Mr. Dursley, would you excuse us?” She waited until Vernon had left the room before continuing in a low voice, “Harry, my name is Kyranna. I have a letter from the Order. Please trust me as we have little time.” She handed him a small envelope.



Harry took the envelope and looked at it with caution. He slit it open and read the contents.



Harry,



This is Kyranna. You must trust her. She is your personal Ministry assigned bodyguard. She is one of us as well. She will act like she is arresting you, and then take you to a safe house. Everything will be explained there. If you don’t trust her identity, ask her something only an Order member would know.



Minerva McGonagall



Harry stared at the woman in front of him. He cast around for a question. Finally he found one. “What is the painting of in the room Ron and I share at headquarters?” To his surprise, she smiled.



“Why that is Phineas Nigellus. Although most of the time it is a blank canvas. Do you trust me now?”



He nodded.



“Well then,” she said briskly, “Wait here in a state of shock while I go and get your things from your room.” Kyranna stood up and walked out of the room and up the stairs.

Harry sat there. There was something about the mysterious woman that he couldn’t place. But he knew she had secrets, and he wasn’t sure he liked it. It was dangerous.



Kyranna growled low in her throat when she saw the room that her charge had to live in. She pulled out a long tube from up her sleeve and set it on the ground and prodded the top with her finger. It started shaking and rattling. Then, it was like a mighty wind tore through the room: everything that hadn’t been packed flew into the trunk at the foot of the bed and the trunk shrunk. She bent over and picked up the tube, a useful invention by a pair of Unspeakables. Then she grabbed the trunk and shoved it in her pocket. Time was short and they had a lot of ground to cover. She walked down the stairs and nodded to the Dursleys, who were watching her with fear and interest. She went into the room where she left Harry and said “Stand up. I need to put these cuffs on you so your relatives don’t suspect.”



Harry held out his hands. Might as well do what she wants, he thought. She snapped the cuffs on and marched him out. When they reached the Dursleys, she stopped.



“Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, your nephew is under arrest for murder. If you have any questions, please call this number,” she said, handing them a card, “Good day.”



They walked out of the house and Kyranna put Harry in the back seat, and then hopped into the front. With a roar the engine started and they pulled out of the driveway.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*


“You can take those cuffs off now, and get into the front. Just pull them off your wrists.”



Harry did as he was told, puzzling over the first impression of the woman behind the wheel, not knowing that she was doing the exact same thing.




A/N please review! the next chapter will be up soon! and i'd like to say thanks to my FAB-U-LUS beta Colores. i could not do it without her. cookies to reviewers!