Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

There is Another by scars_are_cool

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: this is a very short chapter, mainly just a filler that is vital and wouldn't fit anywhere else. sorry for the long time between updates, but I have been out of the country. Please read and review.
Chapter 3: Darkness All Around

Kyranna looked over at the black haired boy… no, man, that was sitting next to her in the car. His head was drooping as he slept, soft snores issuing from him at regular intervals. Sleep. Wow. That was so tempting… But she must fight it. Just for a little while more. Harry was now seventeen, and in even more danger than before.

Harry woke with a start. The book that was on his lap fell off with a clunk. He looked out the window and saw that they were driving through a small town. Behind the town he saw a hill. There was a large… something on top. But he couldn’t quite make out what it was.

Then, as if on queue, Kyranna spoke up. “My home is atop that hill. This is my village, under my protection. Let none here see your face. We will be there shortly.”

Harry was puzzled at her directions, but kept his head down. Better to avoid trouble if he could help it. Finally, after about fifteen minutes, they pulled through a pair of large iron gates that closed with a dull thud. Thy followed the drive up to the front of… what looked like a fortress-like mansion. It appeared to be made out of the blackest stone he had ever seen. When he got out of the car, he stared up in awe.

Suddenly, Kyranna spoke up behind him, making him jump about a foot in the air. “This is my home. The villagers call it ‘Darkness’, which is surprising because in my language, it is Neslankanda, which means ‘Palace of Night’ or ‘Palace of Evil’.” She gave a short laugh after she said that. Then, as Harry was looking at her with a mixture of curiosity, amusement, and fear, she started through the massive front doors which were made out of black wood. She turned to look back at him when she saw he wasn’t following her and he hurried up after her.

When they walked through the doors, Harry was struck with the vastness of the place. It felt so empty, so cold. He followed Kyranna up flight after flight of stairs. This place was huge. Occasionally, they saw series of long grooves down the walls, like a giant animal had drug its claws down it. Finally Kyranna stopped and opened a door. She went in and Harry followed.

Kyranna turned to Harry and said, “This is your room. Feel free to personalize it as you want. All I ask is that you don’t leave this room, no matter what. There are many things that roam these halls besides me. Not all of them will pause to think about what you are.” She turned and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Harry turned and surveyed his room. It was made out of black wood and stone and had dark red hangings on the wall. The bed was a magnificent four-poster, grander than any he had seen. It too was hung with dark red hangings. Harry went over to one of the wall hangings and pushed it aside. It was covering a large painting of a tiger. He stared at it confusion and it bared its teeth at him. He went and looked behind all the hangings and saw each one was hiding a painting of a tiger. The last one he looked behind was hiding a window. It looked out over the front lawn. He could see the surrounding village and beyond for miles. He yanked the curtain closed and turned to the bed. With a start, he saw his trunk sitting at the end. He couldn’t remember bringing it up. Then he mentally shook himself. He was in the home of a clearly powerful witch. He strode over to the trunk and pulled out a pair of pajamas. He changed quickly and leapt in the bed. He was asleep in moments.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


In another wing of the house, Kyranna was changing too. She pulled on long black robes and donned a cloak to match. Then she twirled her hands in the air and a large shimmering patch appeared. She stepped through it and emerged seconds later in the long room where Lord Voldemort was currently at. She walked down the length of it. Death Eaters on either side bowed as she passed. When she reached the front of the room she kneeled in front of the Dark Lord.

Voldemort reached out and slowly lowered the hood from around her face. His red eyes stared at the top of the bowed head in front of him. Then he said in his cold voice “Speak, Daughter.”

Kyranna drew a breath and began, “My Lord, I have taken Potter to my house. There I placed him under a heavy sleeping charm. He will sleep until I lift the spell. What would you have me do now, Father?”

Voldemort rose and walked in a slow circle around his still kneeling daughter. Finally he said, “Keep him safe. Train him if you must. Find out everything about him. His strengths, his weaknesses, and his tactics in battle. Report to me at regular intervals. I want you to know Potter better than he knows himself. You may go. Snape wishes to see you.”

Kyranna rose and bowed to her father. Then she turned and left the room. She then turned and entered the labyrinth of passages until she reached the room of Severus Snape. She knocked three times on the door. With a slight creak it opened and she edged in, closing the door behind her. She turned and saw him standing by the fire.

Snape stood by the fire ad watched her graceful movements. She turned and looked at him. Black eyes met gold and he said, “He is sleeping.”

She turned from him and went through on of two doors in the room. She walked over to the small bed and looked at the child sleeping in it. Carefully she bent down and pressed her lips to the child’s head. He was so young, so innocent to be living in this world of treachery. When this war was over, if she survived it, she would set out to claim her birthright. Then she would settle down, far away from those who would judge her and raise her son. A son she had not wanted, but a son she loved anyway. She impatiently brushed away a tear that she was not permitted to have. She left the room and saw Snape still standing by the fire. She walked over and laid her hand on his cheek, then slowly moved it to run it through the hair so many thought was greasy. She placed a kiss on his cheek and backed away, their eyes locked. She was the one to break contact, turning away and twirling her hands in the air to once again make the air shimmer. With a single look back she stepped through the patch and emerged in her room. She took of her cloak and hung it up. With a small sob she ran from the room. She was going to let the Tigress run tonight.

A/N: So, How do you like? Let me know! And... I'm giving a challenge: What should I name the boy? He won't make an appearance for a few chapters, but i need a name. Any suggestions? I will take the best.