Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Girl in the Tower by SpookyMulder

Printer
Summary: An epic tale. Four parts, spanning four years in the lives of Harry Potter and the people he loves -and hates- the most. The story begins toward the end of adolescence, when the main characters are 16 and in thier sixth year at Hogwarts. It ends on the other side of Darkness, tragedy, triumph, misery, and personal inner struggle, when they're twenty. Think you know Draco? Think again.
*sequel in progress*
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Harry/Other Character
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Character Death, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 61462 Viewcount: 105612
Published on: 06/09/07 Updated On: 10/06/07





1. Chapter 1: Harry Falls in Love by SpookyMulder [ - ] (8248 words)
AUTHOR NOTE: There are a few things you should know. First, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan appear in the wrong year. It would take an immense amount of effort to fix it and the effort versus the effect isn’t justified. Later, the twins’ joke shop is in Diagon Alley as OotP hadn’t been written yet.

This novel was almost entirely written prior to OotP’s release, making it so incredibly off-canon it isn’t even funny. The second half of the book is almost entirely AU anyway, and so is the sequel. (which is about half done as of June 2007)

Also, you will find the main OC to be a mary-sue. Since I can never profit from this book, I began looking at it as a writing exercise and decided to see if I could make a mary-sue interesting. I definitely think I pulled this off for the most part, so I ask that you read to the end before leveling judgment on Sara.

As for bragging rights, this was HPFF.com’s Recommended Story of the Month for April 2003 and was also the #1 Most Read Story for 2004, 2005 and 2006, receiving well over a quarter of a million hits on that site alone. It also made their “Most Favorited Story” list. (It is no longer posted there.) It has also received more than 4000 reviews from 3 sites.

Please leave honesty in your review. And please review!!! There is nothing worse than posting a chapter you worked so hard on, watching your hit count increase by hundreds, and getting 2 reviews. I wrote about 15 pages in a chapter, I think you can repay me with a few words. Thank you in advance for being a considerate reader. I hope you enjoy The Girl in the Tower!

2. Chapter 2: Ka-tet by SpookyMulder [ - ] (5288 words)

3. Chapter 3: Playing Dirty by SpookyMulder [ - ] (7590 words)

4. Chapter 4: A Hard Day's Night by SpookyMulder [ - ] (8596 words)
"A Hard Day's Night" was, of course, borrowed from the Beatles' song/movie of the same name.
5. Chapter 5: Flashes of Providence by SpookyMulder [ - ] (7027 words)

6. Chapter 6: Slytherin Spirits by SpookyMulder [ - ] (8536 words)
Thanks so much to those few of you who left me reviews. I hope you like ch 6
7. Chapter 7: A Box of Memories by SpookyMulder [ - ] (8599 words)

8. Chapter 8: The Orb of Arassel by SpookyMulder [ - ] (7578 words)
This version has been edited to comply with Mugglenet policies and contains a scene featuring Snape/Harry that greatly varies from the original. However, it does not affect the whole of the story. Also, Seamus produces whiskey in this version in an attempt to skirt movie canon. This change will effect all subsequent chapters of this story and the sequel. (Just in case you've read the story elsewhere and are wondering what's up with that.)