Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

These Three Remain by LuthAn

Printer
Summary: 1692. A landmark year for wizards with the passage of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy. The Statute and concurrent negotiations in Paris are at the fringes of every wizard's mind as wizards across the globe must change the way they interact with Muggles. But for three young students, a much more important event is at hand: The Triwizard Tournament.


One is an observer, torn between two worlds. One is a determined competitor, willing to do anything to make his father proud. And one is a shunned outsider, his family name fallen from grace.


These Three Remain.


Written by LuthAn of Gryffindor for the Summer Challenge: TriWizard Tales. Tied for third place in the Challenge!
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Historical
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 47245 Viewcount: 18408
Published on: 06/20/07 Updated On: 04/21/08






1. Faith, Hope, and Love by LuthAn [ - ] (3038 words)
Hello, hello, dear readers! Advance warning: this is going to be an extended author's note. I am attempting to write Historical Fiction, and I do not know how successful I am being. The most important thing for me is to make the story accessible to you, the reader. That being said, please forgive any anachronisms or cumbersome language--I have tried to avoid both! Also, it is safe to imagine each of the wizards from different countries speaking in the accents of their respective lands. However, I have chosen not to "write the accent" (like JKR does with Fleur or Hagrid, for example). Occasionally I will throw in a word from a foreign language, but if you have any questions, just ask. One related note: "moldu" is the word the French translations of the books use for "Muggle." I think it is a silly word. :)


That all being said, I really hope you enjoy the story!

2. Everything Changes by LuthAn [ - ] (3270 words)
Hello again, dear readers. I've been re-reading "Pride and Prejudice" for the umpteenth time, so I think I've got a little better hold on the language (though that story takes place more than a hundred years after mine...) Regardless, this story is becoming an absolute joy to write, and is taking more twists and turns than I originally planned. I certainly hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it! Questions and/or comments are always more than welcome. Enjoy!


3. The Tournament Opens by LuthAn [ - ] (4732 words)
Hello again! Let the games begin: the Goblet of Fire has spoken. Things are getting complicated at Beauxbatons...

Infinite thanks to greennotebook, who went from being my best reviewer to the best beta I could ever have hoped for.

As always, questions and/or comments welcome. Enjoy!


4. The Tasks at Hand by LuthAn [ - ] (7388 words)
Hello there! Apologies for the extreme length of this chapter--on a deadline, you know! Hopefully the next few will be a bit shorter. As a disclaimer: the Occamy and the Jobberknoll are JKR's creations, and I claim no credit!


Many, many thanks to beta extraordinaire greennotebook who was invaluable in the planning of this chapter. I hope everyone loved "Deathly Hallows," and I hope you enjoy this chapter!


5. Suspicions by LuthAn [ - ] (7409 words)
Hello again! I know I promised a shorter chapter, but, well... I lied. The deadline is just bearing down on us, and the characters wouldn't shut up! Oh, well. :-)


Super-beta: greennotebook. Many, many thanks. Enjoy!


6. New Year, New Challenges by LuthAn [ - ] (7845 words)
Hello again! We're getting near the end, I'm afraid. How will things work out for our heroes (and villains)?


I am indebted to four entities in the writing of this chapter: The Harry Potter Lexicon, Wikipedia, www.botanical.com, and my beta, greennotebook. Oh, and of course to the woman herself, JKR. Some things mentioned in this chapter are her creations, some are mine. If you have questions, please ask! Enjoy!

7. Against All Odds by LuthAn [ - ] (7009 words)
Hello, hello! I apologize in advance for the way this chapter ends, but rest assured: I have the final chapter written and ready to go!


Thanks, as always, to the incomparable greennotebook for a superb beta job. Enjoy!


8. These Three Remain by LuthAn [ - ] (6554 words)
Hello, dear and *patient* readers! I can't actually believe it has been eight months since I've updated this story. Yikes! I guess I got burned out on the seventeenth century... Anyway, here is the conclusion! I really hope you enjoy it. I had such a blast writing this story--I'm sad to be leaving it!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to greennotebook for her help. The story would have been--frankly--terrible without her guidance!

Thanks for being so patient, and enjoy this final chapter!