Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Hogwarts Houses Divided by Inverarity

Printer
Summary:

Teddy Lupin's first year at Hogwarts. Canon-compliant. Nominated for a 2008 QSQ for best Post-Hogwarts story.

The war is over, and all is well, they say, but the wounds remain unhealed. Bitterness divides the Houses of Hogwarts. Can the first children born since the war's end begin a new era, or will the enmities of their parents be their permanent legacy?


Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Next Generation
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 34 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 203059 Viewcount: 246712
Published on: 01/03/08 Updated On: 11/25/08



Story Notes:

See my author profile for more banners and fan art donated by readers.

Banner for HHD.

Banner 2, by QueenHal.



1. Platform Nine and Three-Quarters by Inverarity [ - ] (3260 words)
Teddy Lupin and his classmates are the first Hogwarts students born since the end of the war.
2. The Hogwarts Express by Inverarity [ - ] (2721 words)
Teddy, Dewey, Kai, and Violet meet aboard the Hogwarts Express.
3. The Sorting by Inverarity [ - ] (4343 words)
The Sorting Hat has an attitude, and a surprise.
4. War Wounds by Inverarity [ - ] (6039 words)
The first-years are introduced to their new houses, and learn that the wounds of war still run deeply through each of them.
5. The Sorting Hat's Decree by Inverarity [ - ] (3627 words)
Teddy, Kai, Dewey, and Violet get to know their roommates, and the Sorting Hat has another surprise.
6. Four Houses, All Alike in Dignity by Inverarity [ - ] (3802 words)
House pride, and long-standing grudges, can make friendship difficult.
7. Stolen Wands by Inverarity [ - ] (5367 words)
House relations get worse when wands go missing.
8. Violet's Birthday by Inverarity [ - ] (4718 words)
Teddy plans a party for his cousin, but with the houses at war and a wand thief on the loose, will anything go as planned?
9. The War Season by Inverarity [ - ] (6004 words)
It's the start of the Quidditch season, and friendships are strained as the rivalry between Gryffindors and Slytherins turns even more violent.
10. Slytherin Qualities by Inverarity [ - ] (7645 words)
Everyone hates Slytherins. Everyone knows there's nothing good about being in Slytherin... right?
11. The Riot Before Christmas by Inverarity [ - ] (7276 words)
The wand thief remains at large, and the Christmas season hasn't brought peace to Hogwarts.
12. Mischief Management by Inverarity [ - ] (5913 words)
Violet meets the Potters and the Weasleys over the Christmas holidays, Teddy surprises Harry, and Kai has a surprise announcement. But when they return to Hogwarts, the Headmistress has some surprises of her own.
13. The Zero Toleration Policy by Inverarity [ - ] (5404 words)
Headmistress Llewellyn cracks down, and the first victim of her new policy may be Teddy!
14. Ophilia's Lesson by Inverarity [ - ] (4094 words)
Slytherins are sly, Hufflepuffs are hard-working, Ravenclaws are rude, and Teddy is in big trouble, as Ophilia teaches a lesson.
15. Slipfang by Inverarity [ - ] (5797 words)
Firsties plot, and the wand thief is...revealed?
16. The Secret Meeting by Inverarity [ - ] (6763 words)
Teddy, suddenly quite the rebel, tries to bring the houses together, with the help of his friends. But Violet has some issues -- especially with Chloe.
17. The Return of the D.A. by Inverarity [ - ] (5816 words)
Teddy revives a tradition, but not everyone is pleased. Will the Slytherin girls take vengeance on Chloe? Will Teddy and his friends get expelled when they begin protesting Headmistress Llewellyn's Zero Toleration Policy? And who is Slipfang?
18. S.C.O.U.R.G.E. by Inverarity [ - ] (8136 words)
Teddy and the D.A. aren't the only ones being rebellious, as news of unrest at Hogwarts is overshadowed by a new threat to the wizarding world.
19. Valentine's Day by Inverarity [ - ] (6883 words)
The D.A. continues its protests, goblins continue causing trouble, and Teddy gets valentines.
20. It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Hurt by Inverarity [ - ] (6717 words)
Emboldened by their protests, the new D.A. goes a step further. But not everyone is playing games.
21. Scars by Inverarity [ - ] (9813 words)
Slipfang's attack leaves scars that don't heal easily. The D.A. rallies around their injured friends, and some students actually pay attention to Professor Binns!
22. Generations by Inverarity [ - ] (8959 words)
The younger generation does not remember the war, while the older generation cannot forget it. Both generations prepare to commemorate the Battle of Hogwarts.
23. When the War Came to Hogwarts by Inverarity [ - ] (6364 words)
History is not dead. The Battle of Hogwarts failed to unite the Houses. Now the younger generation must learn the lessons their parents didn't.
24. Hostages by Inverarity [ - ] (6634 words)
Hogwarts is under siege. Only Teddy, Kai, and Gilbert remain uncaptured. What can three first-years do against an army of goblins?
25. Goblins & Elves by Inverarity [ - ] (4960 words)
Students and teachers are powerless, Aurors are nowhere to be seen, and even the house-elves seem to have turned against them. Teddy's friends have been taken hostage, and the fate of Hogwarts is in the hands of a few firsties.
26. Underground by Inverarity [ - ] (6756 words)

Teddy's friends have been taken prisoner, and there's no one else to save them. Every firstie will need Gryffindor courage, Hufflepuff loyalty, Ravenclaw wit, and Slytherin cunning.


27. Who's Going to Rescue Us? by Inverarity [ - ] (6710 words)
Teddy comes to the rescue, but they can't all escape the goblins. Will the Aurors arrive in time, or are Teddy and his friends on their own?
28. This Doesn't Sound Like a Very Good Plan by Inverarity [ - ] (7618 words)
Without Harry, without a wand, without house-elves... Teddy conceives a desperate plan to save his friends.
29. Things Blow Up by Inverarity [ - ] (7906 words)
The Aurors have arrived, but time has run out... for Hogwarts, and for Teddy. Who will survive the explosive climax?
30. Better Late Than Never by Inverarity [ - ] (3084 words)
Harry and the Aurors come to the rescue -- is it too late? The Second Battle of Hogwarts ends in a bloody final confrontation.
31. Child of a Death Eater by Inverarity [ - ] (6140 words)
Teddy learns a tragic secret.
32. Like a Wonderful Adventure by Inverarity [ - ] (4116 words)
Ophilia is ambitious, and Teddy says good-bye to Chloe.
33. Heroes by Inverarity [ - ] (6335 words)
Classes resume, as the end of term nears. Heroes are recognized, and lost souls return to Hogwarts.
34. Where We Belong by Inverarity [ - ] (7339 words)
Our story ends with a final song, as the Sorting Hat tells everyone where they belong.