Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Logic Be Damned by megan_lupin

Printer
Summary: “Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can’t control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense.”

It started on a spring day in the library, when they both decided to act on emotions. It ended while watching a sunset in the backyard, when they both decided it was ‘for the best’. And it became fully understood on a stormy night, when they both decided that love wasn’t always logical.

Edit: Nominated for "Best Non-Canon Romance" in the 2008 QSQ Awards
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Hermione/Other Character
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 1 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 6987 Viewcount: 3063
Published on: 07/30/08 Updated On: 08/08/08





1. .... by megan_lupin [ - ] (6987 words)
Disclaimer: Anything you recognise does not belong to me, however much I wish that it did. Instead, it all belongs to J. K. Rowling. However, anything you do not recognise does belong to me.

Summary:
“Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can’t control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense.” It started on a spring day in the library, when they both decided to act on emotions. It ended while watching a sunset in the backyard, when they both decided it was ‘for the best’. And it became fully understood on a stormy night, when they both decided that love wasn’t always logical.

Author’s Note: And here’s another story of mine, though it’s only a one-shot. It is a Sirius/Hermione, but it is NOT connected to the overall story that I’m writing for them, like both Come Back To Me and Watching Him Remember are. Oh, and this story was also written in response to both Jacqueline’s “Kiss in the Rain” and Little Bibi’s “I Challenge You …” challenges on the HPFF forums.

Several ‘thanks’ need to be issued where this story is concerned, too: A thank you to both Cassie (ms. leading) and Nikki (fg_weasley) for beta-ing this story. Also, to everyone on both the MNFF and HPFF forums, as well as those who commented on LiveJournal, who helped me choose the right title. The winning title was suggested by mrsmcclnt. And finally, I’ll let you get to the story; I present for your reading enjoyment, Logic Be Damned.