Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Five Weeks by Equinox Chick

Printer
Summary: When Nymphadora Tonks arrived at the Ministry to save Harry and his friends, she was a young, fearless Auror. Five weeks later she’s a mess. Her once vibrant hair is a drab brown and she can barely smile. Has she lost her nerve? Is it guilt over Sirius’ death? Or is something else happening in her life that has ridden roughshod over her unusual powers?

I am Equinox Chick from Hufflepuff and this is my entry for Round 7 of The Gauntlet.

Special thanks to Cassie (ms leading) for beta'ing this for me.
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Mystery
Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 3 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 8786 Viewcount: 8842
Published on: 11/18/08 Updated On: 11/27/08





1. Chapter 1 - Her Day to Die by Equinox Chick [ - ] (2009 words)
When she is hit by a hex from her aunt, Tonks is left badly injured. Surrounding her are friends and colleagues praying she'll survive, but is it her day to die?
2. Chapter 2- The Life of Sirius Black by Equinox Chick [ - ] (2773 words)
When Tonks is invited to take tea with Albus Dumbledore at Hogwarts she assumes he wants a debrief about the goings on at the Ministry, but Dumbledore has other ideas.
When Remus Lupin turns up, her evening takes a completely different turn.

3. Chapter 3 - Shattered Dreams by Equinox Chick [ - ] (4004 words)
After spending the evening with Remus and falling asleep in his arms, Tonks believes her life couldn't get any better. She wants to shout her new-found happiness to the world. However, she's forgotten that the work of the Order must take priority and that happiness is about to be wrenched away from her.

Many, many thanks to Cassie (ms.leading) for beta'ing this story and especially for keeping Remus in character.